Going on a trip can be so exciting! As I was flying recently, I realized there are some things I love about airports and some things, not so much! Airports tend to bring out the best and worst in people. Here are my top five of both. I'm ending with the best as that always outweighs the worst.
1. The person next to you gets in your space & reads your phone.
2. Someone behind you is coughing everywhere & not covering their mouth.
3. There are not many options at airports for gluten-free food.
4. Pat down at security-thanks to a cast.
5. Mean people
1. Meeting kind people unexpectedly.
2. Watching children get excited about traveling.
3. Watching people meet at the airport who are so excited to see each other.
4. Meeting new people from all over the world.
5. Taking off on a plane-my favorite part of a flight.
Of course, the best always outweighs the worst. Even with an embarrassing pat down! I have always loved the energy of an airport. People are excited to travel or sad to leave loved ones. It is an interesting place to watch people, imagine their stories, and wonder about their lives. I have met some wonderfully kind strangers in airports all over the world.